Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Vote!

May 8, 2006 was certainly a memorable day in my life - I voted for the first time. I was glad that I could make it having spent nearly 4 hours to get my voter id card. I went to a nearby school that was the booth at around 7.30 and was pleasantly surprised to see about 150 people in the men's queue and about 50 on the distaff side. The other ward queues had about 50 in each of the queues. "Very decent", I said to myself. Barring a few probs with the voting machine, everything else was a nice experience in itself. I expected a 60% + turnout and it was heartening to see close to 70% polling.

One thing I did not like - the dye that is marked on the left index finger. Man, its supposed to be a small straight line this time. But it was a big cross on my finger! My colleagues burst into laughter seeing that and likened me to an accused :-(

No comments: