Saturday, May 20, 2006

நூற்றினில் ஒரு வார்த்தை

My Grandfather had come yesterday evening. His insights about both things happening around us are something I just love. He relates happenings to similar things that have happened centuries back and often takes quotes out of Ramayana and Bhagavad Geetha. Not so difficult for a person who reads Ramayana everyday!

Dad, grandpa and myself were discussing about the state of politics, education among others in the state and in the country. Thats when the topic of reservations came in. I was quick to bring in a supposed statement by Azim Premji that came in as a forward. And the discussion went on going around Viswamithra, Right Honourable Srinivasa Shastri and a couple of his friends who were revelations in Government Services. At the end it was a stunner from my thatha...

"Adhellam vidu, competent people-kku KadavuL, incompetent people-kku Government". Golden Words, aren't they? Way to go thatha!

4 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

dude, landed in ur blog thru some blog search........ i must say each post is interesting in it's own way :), summa nach nu irukku ... (yep i read ur post on the sappai "tamil murasu" too :))

for this post, yep your granddad is great.... avar sonnathu noothukku nooru correct :)

Unknown said...

I could not form an opinion on the reservation issue, my mind lingers to yokesh and thangamani

Anonymous said...

Good one.

Ananth said...

That was indeed awesome....:-)
Miss staying with my grandparents..:-(