Monday, April 23, 2007

Uncle Sam

Its been just over 10 months since I have set foot in the States but till last weekend I really never got a feel that "I am in another country", leave alone the thought "I am in the States". The spectacular road network is an aberration of course. No one can beat these guys in that. Washington D.C gave me a slight feel of being in a foreign country with its royal splendour when I had been there early in March but again it was more like seeing Delhi. So I was still wondering as to when I would get the feel.

Luckily I did not have to wait any longer. The city of New York gave me an instant answer. Parking in NYC is a big headache and so we had our parking slot booked in 43rd street in Manhattan the previous day itself but my friend took the route for 43rd street in Brooklyn! yeah, a different island altogether. And we did not realize this till we called up the parking company after trying in vain to locate the space in Brooklyn. And just as we were roaming in Brooklyn looking for 43rd street, we saw this Ad,

"Divorce at $399"
Spouse's signature not required

Of course I am in the States. Who am I kidding?!?

2 comments:

Ganesh Anand T T said...

Waah! This offer sounds cool 2 b read. But make sure you don't bring it while coming back to India :P

Naarya said...

:D the divorce thingie was funny man!!
and true...NY does give the US feeling...but LA is no less!! :)