Saturday, October 29, 2005

First "Second Show"

Saturday 22nd October, Sathyam, 10.15 PM, Ghajini - Never been to a night show before and it was raining - of course not because I have ventured out to a second show. It was a great evening with my two cousins and my brother-in-law. I thought Sathyam was one place where I did not get any bulbs but one of my cousins ensured I got one there. She made us carry Lays and Apple Juice to the theater while calling my other cousin and myself "Rules Ramanujam" when we said "Outside food not allowed inside" in chorus.

Next...

Car Parking -> Enter Sathyam (I was carrying all that we bought)

One Sathyam Employee : Sir, Cover-la enna? (She took out all that was in) Sir, ithellam eduthuttu pogapdathu (A cold stare down back... adi paavi bulb vaanga vechuttiye!)

No words uttered. We came out, emptied the juice and one packet of Lays, chided my cousin, gave the remaining packets to the counter and went inside for the movie. Audience la lots of thaatha paattis with family and people straight from their offices. I made a frantic lookout for some of my colleagues but yaarum varala. Perhaps they prefer only early morning special shows as it happened to be when I watched Chandramukhi at 8 with Pondy and Gilma - full of IT makkal.

I liked the film. Pradeep Singh Rawat - very villainy, Surya - very good show, Asin - brilliant. But the nemesis apart from Nayanthara were the numerous textile ads that came out in their full lengthy version before the start and during half-time - "Mokkai" at its best

1.45 AM on October 23rd - movie ends. The rain had stopped by then but samma water logging. Collected back the Lays packets and reached home safe at 2. Full of fun, a great evening to remember.

1 comment:

Kamini Santhanagopalan said...

Hey Shankar,

Your blog on night show was good..It must have been a first experiance for you. I guess you had gone with Ramya and her friends. Or, did Vidhya also come?
Neways, I also liked the movie..It was a good entertainment film...story line was decent.