Friday, September 30, 2005

Tamizh Murasu - Nachunu Illai

As I alighted from M21 this evening, I happened to see "Tamizh Murasu" hanging from a clip in a tea kadai. I thought of buying it to see if it indeed contains news and if it was atleast half worth the hype created by the ads.

The first page had a huge picture of the lightning that struck yesterday night in Chennai. Then there was some other news in which the headline covered half the page and 60% of the article continued in page 2. There was very little "NEWS" that was not biased. The center page had pictures of couples taken at Gandhi Mandapam (remba mukkiyam). Gossips filled up 3 more pages. Last page as expected had a picture of some heroine i guess.

Perhaps they know they cant do good business with what the newspaper was being filled up with. So you get something free. Today it was a face wash sachet. Namma makkal thaan freeya kodutha yetha venaalum vaanguvaangale. The tabloid format is definitely a plus but they cant sustain anything with the stuff thats inside. They must do much more to overtake Malai Murasu and a couple of other papers that have had a name as good evening papers.

"Tamizh Murasu - Nachunu illai, sappaya irukku!"

4 comments:

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

I expect that you blog, like mine, will invite 3 comments from someone working for Sun TV, claiming that Tamizh Murasu rocks, sands, bricks etc.

It happened to me ;)

Anand K said...

I have never seen this tabloid?! but going by the reviews u guys r giving I guess I wont even try to rread this one!!

Shankar said...

aani, try once... only then u can experience crap... :-)

Kaps said...

I think SUN TV has given up the blog bashing