Thursday, July 28, 2005

Now its really... Sing in the rain...

There is no particular reason when I named this blog the way it is. I didn't even think about having to think of a name. This just came through my mind just like one of those famous jokes of Vadivelu that comes every now and then and takes up a good 4 to 5 minutes of my team mates' time during our prime time! Of course that culminates in a lengthy chat about the same during our scheduled coffee breaks and of course, lunch.

Today I had a different reason to sing in the rain... man its raining in Chennai! And what a great drive back home it was! The sky opened up and it was "Sing in the rain... I am swooying in the rain" all the way. It was great getting drenched in such a heavy rain after a very long time. I felt so happy for every Chennai-ite. We badly need this, though not the crazy thing happening in Bombay. No one can even imagine what will happen if Chennai gets even 15cm of rain on one day, leave alone 94.4cm on a day! Never mind, if you live here and you get potable water, you'll settle for anything else.

And when I entered home and switched on the TV, it was "vaigai puyal" on song with "Sing in the rain"... wao! Now I could go back to one of my friends in office who asks me often "what do you sing in the rain?" and say what I got to sang and what else I got when it was raining... a super water wash for my bike! :-)

1 comment:

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

Yeah, you got it bang on -- Chennai + rains is a deadly combo!